Explore your finance options
Owning your first home should be a pleasure, not a pain! With the right finance in place, you’ll be making a really smart investment that will enhance your lifestyle and give you the freedom you always dreamed of.
In partnership with The Loan Company, WA Housing Centre can make it happen for you with:
- Complimentary in-house home loan service
- Quick and easy approvals
- Repayments tailored to suit your budget and your income
- A range of finance solutions
- Obligation-free consultation with a WA Housing Home Loan Specialist
- Access to government grants, Keystart* and First Home Owners Grant*
*Finance provided by Harrisdale Pty Ltd t/as The Loan Company (Australian Credit License No 386355).
Now that you’ve found your finance, find the perfect location.
Explore your location
Love the area you’re in now? Or are you ready to explore somewhere new! WA Housing Centre has access to a wide range of blocks in over 50 highly sought-after suburbs and locations in and around Perth, so you’ll be sure to find somewhere you’d love to live!
Things to consider:
- The infrastructure you need to live close to, like schools, colleges, public transport, parks and medical facilities
- Future capital growth – if that’s important to you, do some research on the areas you like
- Most of the capital growth of a property is based on land value, so your block should make up the majority of your budget – around 60% is a good figure
Now that you’ve found your location, find your perfect home design.
Explore your home design
Are you a cutting edge contemporary kind of person? Or do you prefer a more traditional design? The kind of home you choose will depend on your lifestyle and personal preferences as well as your budget, so think about how you like to live.
Things to consider:
- For instance, are you expecting your family to grow? Then your needs will change
- Make a list of what you need to have, and another list of what you want to have. Your budget will help you refine your lists!
- Your lifestyle should also guide the kind of house you will feel at home with – for instance, if you love cooking and entertaining a crowd, look for a big kitchen and open-plan living