First Home Owner's Grant
The First Home Owner's Grant (or FHOG) is a $7,000 rebate provided by the State Government at settlement of an established home, or when the slab goes down on a brand new home.
To qualify for the West Australian First Home Owner's Grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You have never owned a residential property anywhere in Australia
- You have not previously received a First Home Buyers Grant from any state or territory in Australia
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- It is required that the recipient of the FHOG occupies the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least 6 months, which must take place within 12 months of receiving the FHOG.
Keystart Home Loans
Keystart Home Loans is an initiative of the West Australian government to assist West Australians into affordable housing. They provide a Low Deposit home loan option requiring a deposit of just 2% genuine savings with no lender's mortgage insurance, allowing homebuyers with little or no savings to get into a home of their own.
The Keystart Low Deposit home loan can be used for owner-occupiers in Western Australia, regardless of whether or not they are first homebuyers.
Through WA Housing Centre's partnership with The Loan Company, we have all leading banks and lenders – including Keystart Home Loans. For more information or to see if you qualify, please use the form on this page to contact us, or to speak to one of our Home and Land Specialists, please call (08) 9214 1111.
Stamp Duty Concessions
In addition to the above government assistance, first homebuyers are also eligible for concessions on stamp duty for the purchase of vacant land. As a first homebuyer, if you buy a vacant homesite up to the value of $300,000, you will be exempt from paying stamp duty on that block - saving you up to $9,000!
For more information on how to apply for Stamp Duty Concessions, you can call WA Housing Centre's Home and Land Specialists on (08) 9214 1111.